- Steganography derived from the Greek word steganos meaning “covered “and the Greek word graphie meaning “writing”. Steganography is the process of hiding of a secret message within an ordinary message and extracting it at its destination.
- Anyone else viewing the message will fail to know it contains hidden/encrypted data.
- Modern digital Steganography
- data is encrypted then inserted and hidden, using a special algorithm which may add and/or modify the contents of the file.
- This technique may simply append the data to the file, or disperse it throughout.
- Carefully crafted programs apply the encrypted data such that patterns appear normal
Hiding the file in jpeg without any software
- Command prompt
Note: – Works under Windows XP
Step 1: – Put all the files you wish to hide in the folder and put that folder in c:\hidden
Step 2:- Now add those files in rar archieve eg-secret.rar in folder named hidden.
Step 3:- Now Look For Any jpeg image and name it logo.jpeg and put it in the folder hidden.
Step 4:- Open command prompt make sure your working directory is c:/hidden
Step 5:- Now type in cmd COPY /b logo.jpeg + secret.rar output.jpeg[logo.jpeg is the picture you want to show and secret.rar is the file u want to hide and output.jpeg is the file which contains both.
Step 6:- After this you will see output.jpeg in c:/hidden.open it and it will show the picture .now try opening the same file via winrar 🙂